Old 12-13-2007, 08:39 PM
"Dave"

Default exim as a nullclient

Hello,
I've got a new Debian box that's running exim. I'd like to set it up as
a nullclient, that is it sends all mail, like from cron and so forth, to a
central mail server. Is there a setup to make this happen?

Thanks.
Dave.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:03 AM
Steve Kemp

On Thu Dec 13, 2007 at 16:39:21 -0500, Dave wrote:

> I've got a new Debian box that's running exim. I'd like to set it up as a
> nullclient, that is it sends all mail, like from cron and so forth, to a
> central mail server. Is there a setup to make this happen?

A) You'd be better off using ssmtp, nullmailer, etc.

B) Yes.

Run dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config and choose the 'satelite'
option.

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration