-   -   exim as a nullclient (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/19140-exim-nullclient.html)

"Dave" 12-13-2007 08:39 PM

exim as a nullclient

Hello,
I've got a new Debian box that's running exim. I'd like to set it up as
a nullclient, that is it sends all mail, like from cron and so forth, to a
central mail server. Is there a setup to make this happen?

Thanks.
Dave.

Steve Kemp 12-14-2007 06:03 AM

exim as a nullclient

On Thu Dec 13, 2007 at 16:39:21 -0500, Dave wrote:

> I've got a new Debian box that's running exim. I'd like to set it up as a
> nullclient, that is it sends all mail, like from cron and so forth, to a
> central mail server. Is there a setup to make this happen?

A) You'd be better off using ssmtp, nullmailer, etc.

B) Yes.

Run dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config and choose the 'satelite'
option.

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration