-   -   ppp set up (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/18953-ppp-set-up.html)

John Hasler 12-13-2007 03:48 PM

ppp set up

jamesfoster writes:
> I try to install the wvdial program but get 'Error: Dependency is not
> satisfied: libaniconf4.2'

How did you install wvdial?

> I cant' find a program called 'ppppam' that the help notes advised me to
> install with the 'ppp' program.

There does not seem to be any 'ppppam' package.

> I have installed the ppp program as advised in a help section of the
> Debian.org site but when I type in 'pppconfig' as advised on the root
> terminal, it doesn't recognise the command.

Install pppconfig with 'aptitude install pppconfig' as root.
--
John Hasler

David 12-13-2007 08:39 PM

ppp set up

jamesfoster wrote:

Hi,

Hello James,

I still cannot set up dial up internet connection for Debian Etch.
Help! I try to install the wvdial program but get

'Error: Dependency is not satisfied: libaniconf4.2'

I don't know what that's about.
If it's a dependency, apt should pull it in.

so no joy there.

I have installed the ppp program as advised in a help section of the
Debian.org site but when I type in 'pppconfig' as advised on the root
terminal, it doesn't recognise the command.

Probably because it's not installed.
It's an app in its own right and therefore must be installed independently.

After installation, you'll be able to call it up from a root terminal.

I cant' find a program called 'ppppam' that the help notes advised me
to install with the 'ppp' program.

If it hasn't been pulled in as a dependency it probably isn't necessary
with the average end-user box.

Please help me to resolve my problem (if possible in simple, clear
layman's language) or direct me to easy to follow, comprehensive
instructions. I am trying to break away from the microsoft monopoly,
but drowning in the process.

Master the dog-paddle before jumping in the deep end.

Thanks

No worries.

..
David Palmer