Old 12-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Marc Auslander

Default Initial boot messages on terminal

Is there a boot option to have the terminal pause at each page of
messages. For early boot problems, I can't see the messages that lead
to the panic, because they scroll off the screen.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:22 AM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 10:39:39AM -0500, Marc Auslander wrote:
> Is there a boot option to have the terminal pause at each page of
> messages. For early boot problems, I can't see the messages that lead
> to the panic, because they scroll off the screen.

Best bet is to set up a serial console and connect with another computer
running something like minicom. Or you can use a serial or paralell
printer as a console so message go to the printer as well as the screen.
See the remote-serial-console-HOWTO.

Doug.