Old 11-07-2008, 04:20 AM
"amirehsan ranginkaman"

Default HardLink &SoftLink

Hi
please send to me all details about HardLink and SoftLink at kernel
view and user view.compare them

Bye

Old 11-07-2008, 04:50 AM
Ron Johnson

On 11/06/08 23:20, amirehsan ranginkaman wrote:

Hi
please send to me all details about HardLink and SoftLink at kernel
view and user view.compare them

Smells like CompSci homework...

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

"I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car, I won't
have to worry about paying my mortgage."
Peggy Joseph, on why she loves Obama

Old 11-07-2008, 04:51 AM
"Jeff Soules"

CS 103: An Introduction to Unix, eh?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hard+link+vs+soft+link&btnG=Google+ Search&aq=2&oq=hard+link+

That's probably a good start.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Neil

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 6:20 AM, amirehsan ranginkaman
<aeranginkaman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> please send to me all details about HardLink and SoftLink at kernel
> view and user view.compare them
>
> Bye

Hi

Hard links are used to make decent chains, like the chain to a boat anchor.
Decorative chains are usually made of a much softer material, so the
links in them could be decribed as soft links...

Neil

--
There are three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who cannot count

Old 11-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Kent West

Neil wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 6:20 AM, amirehsan ranginkaman
> <aeranginkaman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> please send to me all details about HardLink and SoftLink at kernel
>> view and user view.compare them
>>

> Hard links are used to make decent chains, like the chain to a boat anchor.
> Decorative chains are usually made of a much softer material, so the
> links in them could be decribed as soft links...
>
> Neil

Yes, but I believe the skipper of a boat is usually a captain rather
than a kernel. So I guess you'd have to ask the captain for his view of
hardlinks vs soft, if you're referring to boat-anchor links.

And it's usually the pimps rather than their users who wear the gaudy,
"decorative" soft links, but I suppose it is for the benefit of the
users to see the bling. But having never been a user, I can't give a
user's perspective. But as a non-user, I've already stated that such
seems gaudy to me.

--
Kent

--
Kent West <")))><

Old 11-07-2008, 12:37 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 06:34:59AM -0600, Kent West wrote:

> Yes, but I believe the skipper of a boat is usually a captain rather
> than a kernel. So I guess you'd have to ask the captain for his view of
> hardlinks vs soft, if you're referring to boat-anchor links.

I wonder if in unified militaries (e.g. Canada, or the IDF), if the
skipper is a Captain or Kernel. Of course, the chain generally comes
aboard over the Capstan. If the chain made a mistake it could hack the
kernel.