-   -   t-mobile android htc google phone not mounting (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/188535-t-mobile-android-htc-google-phone-not-mounting.html)

steve 11-06-2008 12:45 AM

t-mobile android htc google phone not mounting

"David Fox" 11-06-2008 01:03 AM

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Mitchell Laks <mlaks@post.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend dropped by and plugged his new Google Android HTC phone
> into a usb slot on my sid box (with a 2.6.26 kernel) and when we typed
> dmesg we saw a /dev/sdb however when I typed
> fdisk -l

Have you tried directly mounting /dev/sdb? I don't have or use an
Android phone, but I have a device here (ivo sound m620 mp3 player)
that mounts that way, whole disk, and doesn't have any partitions on
the device. It simply mounts as /dev/sdg or what have you.

I thought it odd, and it threw me a bit, but it works - and it was a
steal at fry's (it's $39.99 for a 4 gig mp3 player that does amv video
too - very small screen, though) so I am not worried.

L Glidewell 11-06-2008 03:19 AM

On Wednesday 05 November 2008 05:24:44 pm Mitchell Laks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend dropped by and plugged his new Google Android HTC phone
> into a usb slot on my sid box (with a 2.6.26 kernel) and when we typed
> dmesg we saw a /dev/sdb however when I typed
> fdisk -l
> my system did not report any mountable partitions.
>
> Does anyone know how to mount the new G phone on a linux system as
> a drive?
>
> Mitchell

I connect to mine by running pmount /dev/sdb1 -- so far this has worked, with
several MicroSD cards installed in the G1. There doesn't seem to be anything
special about G1's USB connection, so my guess is that the problem lies with
the PC rather than with the phone.

Testing it on another machine (even a Windows or OS X box) would probably be
in order.

Michelle Konzack 11-08-2008 04:57 PM

Am 2008-11-05 20:24:44, schrieb Mitchell Laks:
> Hi,
>
> A friend dropped by and plugged his new Google Android HTC phone
> into a usb slot on my sid box (with a 2.6.26 kernel) and when we typed
> dmesg we saw a /dev/sdb however when I typed
> fdisk -l
> my system did not report any mountable partitions.

fdisk does not work on this device...

You can mount it with

mount -t vfat /dev/sdb /mnt -o rw

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
24V Electronic Engineer
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
+49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi