-   -   Very slow bind 9 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/188465-very-slow-bind-9-a.html)

"Jesus arteche" 11-05-2008 09:38 PM

Very slow bind 9

Hey,
I hve just buildt a Master *DNS cache with bind, but it is very slow...it is 10 times slower than the response if i try to resolve against the router. I checked the syslog and i saw that Bind try to get responso from the Root-Servers...I dont understand cause i conf bind with forward to my DNS (ISP)... someone knows why is so slow?...and ...why bind try to connect first with ROOTSERVERS?

thank you

Julian De Marchi 11-05-2008 10:00 PM

Very slow bind 9

Richard A Nelson 11-06-2008 12:09 AM