Old 11-14-2008, 10:25 PM
steve

Default Talking with Yahoo Messenger

Paul Johnson wrote:
> Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
>> AFAIK, gaim can't do voice chat. Use Skype for voice chat. Skype works both
>> in Linux, Windows.
>>
> To use Skype is to say that it's perfectly OK to grossly violate the
> GPL. Boycott Skype.

wasnt skype found violating gpl because of a hardware voip phone they
developed?

I wasnt aware there was anything in violation of the gpl in the skype
software that is being talked about, is there?

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com

"Any people anywhere, being inclined, and having the power, have the
right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new
one that suits them better." Abraham Lincoln 1848

Old 11-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Paul Johnson

steve wrote:
> Paul Johnson wrote:
>
>> Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
>>
>>> AFAIK, gaim can't do voice chat. Use Skype for voice chat. Skype works both
>>> in Linux, Windows.
>>>

>> To use Skype is to say that it's perfectly OK to grossly violate the
>> GPL. Boycott Skype.
>>

> wasnt skype found violating gpl because of a hardware voip phone they
> developed?
>
> I wasnt aware there was anything in violation of the gpl in the skype
> software that is being talked about, is there?

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware there were good and bad GPL violations. Which
violations can we trust to be benevolent, and which shouldn't we, again?