FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Jeff Pugh
 
Default CLI Image viewer: top left, no resize.

Sorry, Debian Etch 4.0 , Here's my sources list.

#
# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r3 _Etch_ - Official i386 NETINST
Binary-1 20080218-14:15]/ etch contrib main

deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r3 _Etch_ - Official i386 NETINST
Binary-1 20080218-14:15]/ etch contrib main

#etch
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free

#media
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main
deb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main

#security
deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib






--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-30-2008, 07:02 AM
Andrei Popescu
 
Default CLI Image viewer: top left, no resize.

On Sat,29.Nov.08, 11:38:22, S.D.Allen wrote:

> Interesting; On my Lenny box -- 'aptitude show' says "Not a real Package" LOL
>
> But;
>
> aptitude search zgv
> p xzgv - Picture viewer for X with a thumbnail-based selector
>
>
> Now my question is; Which Debian distro is it available from ?


,----[ apt-cache policy zgv ]
| zgv:
| Installed: (none)
| Candidate: 5.9-2
| Version table:
| 5.9-2 0
| 500 http://ftp.at.debian.org sid/main Packages
| 500 http://ftp.ro.debian.org etch/main Packages
| 500 http://ftp.ro.debian.org lenny/main Packages
`----

Regards,
Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
(Albert Einstein)
 
Old 11-30-2008, 01:46 PM
"S.D.Allen"
 
Default CLI Image viewer: top left, no resize.

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 13:19:37 -0600, Jeff Pugh in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> Sorry, Debian Etch 4.0 , Here's my sources list.

Ah no problem. I needed to add "media" to my sources list. 8-D

Thanks !



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-30-2008, 02:35 PM
"S.D.Allen"
 
Default CLI Image viewer: top left, no resize.

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:02:28 +0200, Andrei Popescu in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
>
> On Sat,29.Nov.08, 11:38:22, S.D.Allen wrote:

>> Now my question is; Which Debian distro is it available from ?

> ,----[ apt-cache policy zgv ]
>| zgv:
>| Installed: (none)
>| Candidate: 5.9-2
>| Version table:
>| 5.9-2 0
>| 500 http://ftp.at.debian.org sid/main Packages
>| 500 http://ftp.ro.debian.org etch/main Packages
>| 500 http://ftp.ro.debian.org lenny/main Packages
> `----

Got it. Still doesn't show zgv for me; I tried subsituting my local mirror
as well (using last stanza, as I'm on Lenny).


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Andrei Popescu
 
Default CLI Image viewer: top left, no resize.

On Sun,30.Nov.08, 10:35:08, S.D.Allen wrote:

> Got it. Still doesn't show zgv for me; I tried subsituting my local mirror
> as well (using last stanza, as I'm on Lenny).

Could you please show your sources.list and the output of

apt-cache policy
apt-cache policy zgv

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. I assume you did run an 'update' after you changed your
sources.list
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
(Albert Einstein)
 
Old 12-01-2008, 01:13 AM
"S.D.Allen"
 
Default CLI Image viewer: top left, no resize.

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:11:40 +0200, Andrei Popescu in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:

> On Sun,30.Nov.08, 10:35:08, S.D.Allen wrote:

>> Got it. Still doesn't show zgv for me; I tried subsituting my local mirror
>> as well (using last stanza, as I'm on Lenny).
>
> Could you please show your sources.list and the output of=20

Sure.

> apt-cache policy

~# apt-cache policy
Package files:
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
release a=now
500 http://ftp.ca.debian.org lenny/main Packages
release o=Debian,a=testing,l=Debian,c=main
origin ftp.ca.debian.org
500 http://security.debian.org lenny/updates/main Packages
release v=None,o=Debian,a=testing,l=Debian-Security,c=main
origin security.debian.org
Pinned packages:


> apt-cache policy zgv

:~# apt-cache policy zgv
zgv:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: (none)
Version table:


> Regards,
> Andrei
> P.S. I assume you did run an 'update' after you changed your=20
> sources.list

Absolutely.

Thanks for the heads up about apt-cache. I didn't realize I had it installed.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 12-01-2008, 07:35 AM
Andrei Popescu
 
Default CLI Image viewer: top left, no resize.

On Sun,30.Nov.08, 21:13:40, S.D.Allen wrote:

> > Could you please show your sources.list and the output of=20
>
> Sure.

You forgot sources.list

> > apt-cache policy
>
> ~# apt-cache policy
> Package files:
> 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> release a=now
> 500 http://ftp.ca.debian.org lenny/main Packages
> release o=Debian,a=testing,l=Debian,c=main
> origin ftp.ca.debian.org
> 500 http://security.debian.org lenny/updates/main Packages
> release v=None,o=Debian,a=testing,l=Debian-Security,c=main
> origin security.debian.org
> Pinned packages:

Looks ok AFAICT

> > apt-cache policy zgv
>
> :~# apt-cache policy zgv
> zgv:
> Installed: (none)
> Candidate: (none)
> Version table:

(You don't need to run this as root)

That's strange...

> > P.S. I assume you did run an 'update' after you changed your=20
> > sources.list
>
> Absolutely.
>
> Thanks for the heads up about apt-cache. I didn't realize I had it installed.

It's part of the apt package and can be very useful in diagnosing such
stuff. I can only hope to spot something in your sources.list because
otherwise I'm out of ideas.

BTW, what arch are you running? ('dpkg --print-architecture')

Regards,
Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
(Albert Einstein)
 
Old 12-01-2008, 02:18 PM
"S.D.Allen"
 
Default CLI Image viewer: top left, no resize.

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:35:57 +0200, Andrei Popescu in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:

> On Sun,30.Nov.08, 21:13:40, S.D.Allen wrote:
>
>> > Could you please show your sources.list and the output of=3D20
>>=20
>> Sure.
>=20
> You forgot sources.list

<slaps self on head> Doh !

deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main

deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main

deb http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian lenny main

deb-src http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ lenny main


> BTW, what arch are you running? ('dpkg --print-architecture')

PowerPC


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 12-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Andrei Popescu
 
Default CLI Image viewer: top left, no resize.

On Mon,01.Dec.08, 10:18:24, S.D.Allen wrote:

> > BTW, what arch are you running? ('dpkg --print-architecture')
>
> PowerPC

Ahh, the missing bit! It seems zgv is not available on PowerPC...

Regards,
Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
(Albert Einstein)
 
Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
"Dotan Cohen"
 
Default CLI Image viewer: top left, no resize.

2008/11/28 Jeff Pugh <jeffpugh@conwaycorp.net>:
> If I understand what you ask correctly, you can apt-get install zgv,
> It's a cli tool I just learned about, reading the linux cookbook.
>
>

Any idea what this is all about?

hardy2@hardy2-laptop:~$ zgv testscreen.png
zgv: you must be the owner of the current console to run zgv.
hardy2@hardy2-laptop:~$


--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת
ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-*-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه*-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-*-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-*-Ю-Я
а-б-в-г-д-е-ё-ж-з-и-й-к-л-м-н-о-п-р-с-т-у-ф-х-ц-ч-ш-щ-ъ-ы-ь-э-ю-я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:48 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org