Old 11-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Michelle Konzack

Default How to configure CDC-Ethernet?

* Do not Cc: me, because I READ THIS LIST, if I write here *
* Keine Cc: am mich, ich LESE DIESE LISTE wenn ich hier schreibe *

Hello *,

I have a Cell-Phone which I use to access the internet (GPRS/UMTS/HSDPA)
using its /dev/ttyACM0 interface and pppd and the german GSM-Provider
"O2". This works perfectly with UMTS 384 kBit (~25-30 kByte/sec), even
if I am in France and in a distance of arround 3.7km to the next german
GSM-Antenna...

Now, Etch load every time if I connect my Cellphone to it the Kernel
modules:

1) cdc_acm
2) usb_ether
3) cdc_ether
4) rndis_host

but I do not know, HOW to configurer the "cdc_ether".

Can someone post a example configuration for it?

Normaly I have to access the service using DHCP, but how must my
/etc/network/interfaces must look like?

Note: I prefer DHCP over pppd since sometimes, the french GSM-Provider
"Bouygues Telecom" increase the power of the antennas (they are
on the roof where I live and in a distance of less then 7 meters)
which then break my german GSM-Conenction and pppd then hangs
forever without reconnecting...

Note2: I have already sued "Bouygues Telecom" since the allowed power
of GSM-Antennas is 48 V/m and here it is between 130 and 180 V/m.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
24V Electronic Engineer
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
+49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi