-   -   Grub2 settings on dual boot (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/188027-grub2-settings-dual-boot.html)

Thierry Chatelet 11-05-2008 06:01 AM

Grub2 settings on dual boot

Hi,
I am wondering how and where to choose which OS will be chosen by default on a
dual boot machine running lenny and grub2.
Any help welcome.
Thierry

Brad Rogers 11-05-2008 07:34 AM

Grub2 settings on dual boot

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 08:01:46 +0100
Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet@free.fr> wrote:

Hello Thierry,

> I am wondering how and where to choose which OS will be chosen by
> default on a dual boot machine running lenny and grub2.

Alter /etc/default/grub and then update-grub

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Keep your drink just give em the money
U & Ur Hand - P!nk

Osamu Aoki 11-05-2008 10:54 AM

Grub2 settings on dual boot

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 08:01:46AM +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> Hi,
> I am wondering how and where to choose which OS will be chosen by default on a
> dual boot machine running lenny and grub2.
> Any help welcome.

/etc/default/grub
/etc/grub.d/30_otheros (if this was created by debian-installer for you)
/etc/grub.d/30_custom (if you editted this)

Then you run update-grub to generate /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Please note /dev/hda1 is now (hd0,1) with grub-pc.