Old 12-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Fabio

Default Compile boinc for amd64

Someone of you have ever compile this package? do you think that is
possible to increase the power of boinc?

there is some guide and so on that you can suggest me?
thanks
Fabio

Old 12-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Jonathan Kaye

Fabio wrote:

> Someone of you have ever compile this package? do you think that is
> possible to increase the power of boinc?
> there is some guide and so on that you can suggest me?
> thanks
> Fabio
Hi Fabio,
I assume you want to compile a 64 bit version.
I found this on the Boinc website:
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/trac/wiki/SystemRequirements
Linux 64-bit Â

32-bit binaries don't just work on every 64-bit Linux. For example, on
Ubuntu 6.10 or 7.04, 32-bit binaries won't work. They are not even
recognized as valid executables. You first have to install the ia32 package
and dependent packages.

Further, for programs that link with the graphic library, you will manually
have to copy a 32-bit libglut library to the usr/lib32 directory. If after
this they still get client errors, tell them to find your exe in the
projects directory and run ldd to see what libraries are missing.
Cheers,
Jonathan

Old 12-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Fabio

Jonathan Kaye wrote:

Fabio wrote:

[...]

Oh thanks for the advice man..!

Old 12-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Magnus Therning

Fabio wrote:
> Someone of you have ever compile this package? do you think that is
> possible to increase the power of boinc?
> there is some guide and so on that you can suggest me?

Any particular reason why you want to compile it yourself rather than
just install it from the Debian repos? It's been available in Sid for a
while already.

/M

--
Magnus Therning (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus´╝*therning´╝Äorg Jabber: magnus´╝Ätherning´╝*gmail´╝Äcom

What if I don't want to obey the laws? Do they throw me in jail with
the other bad monads?
-- Daveman

Old 12-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Fabio

Magnus Therning wrote:

Fabio wrote:

Someone of you have ever compile this package? do you think that is
possible to increase the power of boinc?
there is some guide and so on that you can suggest me?

Any particular reason why you want to compile it yourself rather than
just install it from the Debian repos? It's been available in Sid for a
while already.

/M

maybe the idea was to have a good performance link with my processor..to
optimize it..i've read some posts about in in the web..compiling the
client sometimes give you more power..is it true? or is it only a legend?

thanks

Old 12-14-2007, 09:42 AM
"Magnus Therning"

On Dec 13, 2007 8:58 PM, Fabio <stratosphere1982@libero.it> wrote:
> Magnus Therning wrote:
> > Fabio wrote:
> >> Someone of you have ever compile this package? do you think that is
> >> possible to increase the power of boinc?
> >> there is some guide and so on that you can suggest me?
> >
> > Any particular reason why you want to compile it yourself rather than
> > just install it from the Debian repos? It's been available in Sid for a
> > while already.
> >
> > /M
>
> maybe the idea was to have a good performance link with my processor..to
> optimize it..i've read some posts about in in the web..compiling the
> client sometimes give you more power..is it true? or is it only a legend?
> thanks

Fair enough, but then it might be worth looking at the source package
and modify the rules to optimise it for your system.

/M