Old 11-04-2008, 11:54 AM
John Marks

Default Sqwebmail - courier - proper return path

Hello Everyone:

I installed sqwebmail(debian package - sqwebmail_0.53.3-5_i386.deb), which is part of the courier-base package. I use Exim4 for my MTA and apache2 for my webserver. All is running on Debian Etch. Sqwebmail works for receiving mail, but it generates a Return-path header, which includes the host name of the machine it runs on. The domain name is appended. I think only the domain name should appear to the right of @ sign.

I have checked the documentation and searched google, but have not been able to find out to configure sqwebmail to generate a return-path that does not include the host name.

Does anyone know what I am missing?

Thank you,

John Marks

Old 11-04-2008, 12:00 PM
"jason bronson"

I've seen a lot of mail servers do this or some options are to put in just the IP address of the machine internally who sent it depending on certain MTA's, is the return path doing anything to cause problems with you sending mail, if not leave it be it's fine.

but if you really wish to do it then
set up a rewriting rule in the following form:

*@*.your.domain $1@your.domain

then Exim will rewrite all addresses in the envelope and the headers,
removing anything between @ and your.domain. This applies to all
messages that Exim processes. If you want to rewrite sender addresses
only, the the rule should be

*@*.your.domain $1@your.domain Ffrs

This applies the rule only to the envelope sender address and to the
From:, Reply-to:, and Sender: headers.

I installed sqwebmail(debian package - sqwebmail_0.53.3-5_i386.deb), which is part of the courier-base package. *I use Exim4 for my MTA and apache2 for my webserver. *All is running on Debian Etch. *Sqwebmail works for receiving mail, but it generates a Return-path header, which includes the host name of the machine it runs on. *The domain name is appended. *I think only the domain name should appear to the right of @ sign.

I have checked the documentation and searched google, but have not been able to find out to configure sqwebmail to generate a return-path that does not include the host name.

Does anyone know what I am missing?

Thank you,

John Marks

Thanks

JasonBronson@gmail.com
Software Engineer
Adobe Flex, PHP, MySQL, Oracle

I don't hate windows, I just think Linux is better :P

Old 11-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Michelle Konzack

Am 2008-11-04 07:54:11, schrieb John Marks:
> Hello Everyone:
>
> I installed sqwebmail(debian package - sqwebmail_0.53.3-5_i386.deb),
> which is part of the courier-base package. I use Exim4 for my MTA and
> apache2 for my webserver. All is running on Debian Etch. Sqwebmail
> works for receiving mail, but it generates a Return-path header, which
> includes the host name of the machine it runs on. The domain name is
> appended. I think only the domain name should appear to the right of
> @ sign.
>
> I have checked the documentation and searched google, but have not
> been able to find out to configure sqwebmail to generate a return-path
> that does not include the host name.

The Return-Path is generated by EXIM and NOT SQWEBMAIL

> Does anyone know what I am missing?

Try to send a mail as

sendmail -t <<<EOF