Old 11-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Dennis Wicks

Default Where is touch pad configure?

Greetings;

I have lenny/gnome installed on a laptop with a touch pad
and I can't find any thing/place to configure/customize it.
It is working, but is way to sensitive.

TIA!
Dennis

Old 11-03-2008, 03:27 PM
"Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso"

2008/11/3 Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com>:
> I have lenny/gnome installed on a laptop with a touch pad
> and I can't find any thing/place to configure/customize it.
> It is working, but is way to sensitive.

If it is synaptics touchpad (it might not be, mine for example is an
ALPS touchpad), if you install the gsynaptics tool, you should get a
configuration option under System -> Preferences.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Robert Górajski

Hello everyone

You must edit xorg.conf first.

In section "ServerLayout"

add: InputDevice "Synaptics Touchpad"

And add section:

section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Synaptics Touchpad"
Driver "synaptics"
Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
Option "HorizScrollDelta" "0"
Option "SHMConfig" "on"
EndSection

Then install: gsynaptics

Finally configure your touch-pad

Pozdrawiam / Best regards
RGR - Robert Górajski

(IM)
- ----
Jabber: robert.gorajski@gmail.com
Gadu-Gadu: 6402203
Mój publiczny klucz Gnu PG / My Gnu PG Public Key
http://rgr-gpg.blogspot.com/