Old 11-21-2007, 04:43 AM
Kumar Ravichandran

Default Xresources not read at startup

Hi,

I am running Debian Etch on a Macbook, and I have a simple problem,
namely, that my $HOME/.Xresources file, which has a few colour options
for xterm, is not read at startup. I need to manually xrdb load it
each session. I tried a variety of options, including linking it to
the system Xdefaults, checking /etc/X11/Xsession.options for the
'allow-user-session' flag, and nything related in the kdmrc file. I
also tried putting a startup script in the .kde Autostart directory,
then finally put the xrdb command in a .xsession file, having it touch
a text-file. The latter did not happen either.

Any ideas?

Kumar.

--

"An eye for an eye will only make the entire world blind."

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Old 11-21-2007, 02:52 PM
"s. keeling"

Kumar Ravichandran <kumar.ravichandran@gmail.com>:

> I am running Debian Etch on a Macbook, and I have a simple problem,
> namely, that my $HOME/.Xresources file, which has a few colour options
> for xterm, is not read at startup. I need to manually xrdb load it

I have it in ~/.xinitrc

Old 11-22-2007, 02:07 AM
Kumar Ravichandran

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 04:52:29PM +0100, s. keeling wrote:
> Kumar Ravichandran <kumar.ravichandran@gmail.com>:
> >
> > I am running Debian Etch on a Macbook, and I have a simple problem,
> > namely, that my $HOME/.Xresources file, which has a few colour options
> > for xterm, is not read at startup. I need to manually xrdb load it
>
> I have it in ~/.xinitrc

I tried that as well . No good!

Kumar.

Old 11-22-2007, 02:39 AM
"Kelly Clowers"

On Nov 21, 2007 7:07 PM, Kumar Ravichandran
<kumar.ravichandran@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 04:52:29PM +0100, s. keeling wrote:
> > Kumar Ravichandran <kumar.ravichandran@gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > I am running Debian Etch on a Macbook, and I have a simple problem,
> > > namely, that my $HOME/.Xresources file, which has a few colour options
> > > for xterm, is not read at startup. I need to manually xrdb load it
> >
> > I have it in ~/.xinitrc
> >
> I tried that as well . No good!

I made .Xdefaults a symlink to .Xresources, and it started working.
Might be worth a try.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers