Old 10-31-2008, 04:51 PM
Andrei Popescu

Default nmap package obsoleted?

On Fri,31.Oct.08, 09:25:28, Jeff D wrote:

> try adding the following to your sources list :
> deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib
> deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib

Please don't recommend ftp.debian.org, see:

http://wiki.debian.org/ftp.debian.org

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 10-31-2008, 05:04 PM
Jochen Schulz

rex:

> when I do "apt-cache pkgnames | grep nmap", I get nmap.

Try 'apt-cache policy nmap' to find out whether apt knows a source to
install nmap from.

J.
--
Thy lyrics in pop songs seem to describe my life uncannily accurately.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 11-03-2008, 06:33 PM
"Alan Hutchinson"

Hi there I am trying to down load and install ndiswrapper but be four I can do that I have to get "owner permissions" so that I can modify etcaptsources.list file,how can I get owner permissions without all the rocket science,thanks in advance.