-   -   Remove configuration files (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/185144-remove-configuration-files.html)

"Allan Xavier Aguilar Castillo" 10-30-2008 07:46 PM

Remove configuration files

**** ¡Hello there! This is my question: if I wish to eliminate a package plus its configuration files with APT, I just type:

**** sudo apt-get remove --purge package

**** However, if I have removed packages without eliminate its configuration files (without the command --purge), how can I then eliminate its configuration files, after I have already eliminated the package? Thank you.

--
Allan Xavier Aguilar Castillo
pokerom84@gmail.com

tôba 10-30-2008 07:51 PM

Remove configuration files

#dpkg -P packagename

Teemu Likonen 10-30-2008 07:57 PM

Allan Xavier Aguilar Castillo (2008-10-30 14:46 -0600) wrote:

> However, if I have removed packages without eliminate its
> configuration files (without the command --purge), how can I then
> eliminate its configuration files, after I have already eliminated the
> package? Thank you.

With aptitude. Try "search" first:

aptitude search '~c'

This displays all packages which have config files left. You can remove
them with "sudo aptitude purge" or even all of them at once:

sudo aptitude purge '~c'

Sjoerd Hardeman 10-30-2008 08:03 PM

Allan Xavier Aguilar Castillo schreef:
> ¡Hello there! This is my question: if I wish to eliminate a package
> plus its configuration files with APT, I just type:
>
> sudo apt-get remove --purge /package
>
> /However, if I have removed packages without eliminate its
> configuration files (without the command /--purge/), how can I then
> eliminate its configuration files, after I have already eliminated the
> package? Thank you.
The same way as above, just do
sudo aptitude purge package

"Allan Xavier Aguilar Castillo" 10-30-2008 08:09 PM

Remove configuration files

**** ¡Hello there! I solved it this way:

**** sudo aptitude purge '~'c

**** Thank you very much!