Old 10-30-2008, 05:05 PM
S D

Default Mounting an old external USB drive

Hi,

Am trying to mount an old BusLink USB drive but can't determine what device the USB drive is connected to, that is, the device that I'd pass to the mount command. I tried "fdisk -l" but it only appears to show my other internal HDs.

Thanks

# uname -a
Linux tstsrv 2.6.18-6-686 #1 SMP Thu Oct 9 15:52:18 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

## This is the only thing in syslog relevant to USB after the USB drive is connected and turned on.
# less /var/log/syslog
Oct 29 23:18:40 tstsrv kernel: ohci_hcd 0000:00:02.0: wakeup
Oct 29 23:18:40 tstsrv kernel: usb 2-7: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 4
Oct 29 23:18:40 tstsrv kernel: usb 2-7: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 067b:2307 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2307 USB-ATAPI4 Bridge
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Old 10-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Preston Boyington

S D wrote:

> Am trying to mount an old BusLink USB drive but can't determine what device the USB drive is connected to, that is, the device that I'd pass to the mount command. I tried "fdisk -l" but it only appears to show my other internal HDs.

<snipped>

check your dmesg output also.