Old 10-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Rafael Laboissiere

Default Skype4Py and skysentials packages available

I put together Debian packages for Skype4Py [1] and skysentials [2]. The
later allows the Skype user to send SMS through an intuitive GUI based on
python-gtk2. SMS sending is possible in Skype 3.* but this version is not
available for Linux.

The packages are apt-getable at:

http://alioth.debian.org/~rafael/skype/

These unofficial packages are intended for Debian unstable, but should also
work on testing (lenny).

Note that you must have Skype installed and running in order to use
skysentials to send SMS. Get the Debian package for Skype from their
download area [3].

[1] https://developer.skype.com/wiki/Skype4Py
[2] http://www.kolmann.at/philipp/linux/skysentials/
[3] http://skype.com/download/skype/linux/choose/

--
Rafael

Old 10-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Michael Pobega

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 01:28:14PM +0100, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> I put together Debian packages for Skype4Py [1] and skysentials [2]. The
> later allows the Skype user to send SMS through an intuitive GUI based on
> python-gtk2. SMS sending is possible in Skype 3.* but this version is not
> available for Linux.
>
> The packages are apt-getable at:
>
> http://alioth.debian.org/~rafael/skype/
>
> These unofficial packages are intended for Debian unstable, but should also
> work on testing (lenny).
>
> Note that you must have Skype installed and running in order to use
> skysentials to send SMS. Get the Debian package for Skype from their
> download area [3].
>
> [1] https://developer.skype.com/wiki/Skype4Py
> [2] http://www.kolmann.at/philipp/linux/skysentials/
> [3] http://skype.com/download/skype/linux/choose/

And what does skysentials do? I'd be interested in using these, as I use
Skype on a regular basis.

--
AIM: BlockMeHarder MSN: pobega@gmail.com
JIM: pobega@jaim.at ICQ: 467047394

Old 10-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Rafael Laboissiere

* Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> [2008-10-30 09:31]:

> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 01:28:14PM +0100, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> > I put together Debian packages for Skype4Py [1] and skysentials [2]. The
> > later allows the Skype user to send SMS through an intuitive GUI based on
> > python-gtk2. SMS sending is possible in Skype 3.* but this version is not
> > available for Linux.
> >
> > [snip]
>
> And what does skysentials do? I'd be interested in using these, as I use
> Skype on a regular basis.

Skysentials does exactly what I wrote above: it provides a GUI using
python-gtk2 that allows users to send SMS messages, among other things.
Skype4Py is the Python binding for the Skype API, which is needed for
running skysentials.

--
Rafael