Old 10-30-2008, 07:33 AM
"Jesus arteche"

Default Test thunderbird

Hey,
I'd like to test how good thunderbird is with a huge amount of mails...Someone knows how can i test this...my idea is send a small files (10-mb) frequently to test this...but i dont know how to do this...someone has anyidea?

thanks

Old 10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Richard Möhn

Please excuse me for hitting the wrong button and not sending the mail
to the list. Here now in the right way:

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 09:33:25AM +0100, Jesus arteche wrote:
> I'd like to test how good thunderbird is with a huge amount of
> mails...Someone knows how can i test this...my idea is send a small files
> (10-mb) frequently to test this...but i dont know how to do this...someone
> has anyidea?

Maybe you could configure a mail server and then write a script, which
sends a mass of mails via mail(1) to the address the thunderbird
fetches from. You could also say cron(8) to run mail(1) minutely or
so.

Best wishes

Richard
--
Richard Möhn, Laußnitz in Sachsen
Public Key-ID: 4385C7FB

Old 10-30-2008, 02:56 PM
MLewis

Richard Möhn wrote:

Please excuse me for hitting the wrong button and not sending the mail
to the list. Here now in the right way:

I'd like to test how good thunderbird is with a huge amount of
mails...Someone knows how can i test this...my idea is send a small files
(10-mb) frequently to test this...but i dont know how to do this...someone
has anyidea?

Maybe you could configure a mail server and then write a script, which
sends a mass of mails via mail(1) to the address the thunderbird
fetches from. You could also say cron(8) to run mail(1) minutely or
so.

Best wishes

Richard

I have a setup to do this if you're interested. I can easily send you as
many 10MB (or more) emails that you'd like, as often as you'd like.

Contact me off-list if you're interested.

Thanks,
Mike

--

IBM: Industry Bowel Movement
10:55:01 up 5 min, 4 users, load average: 0.43, 0.51, 0.24

Linux Registered User #241685 http://counter.li.org

Old 10-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Samuel Bächler

Hi Jesus

Jesus arteche wrote:
I'd like to test how good thunderbird is with a huge amount of
mails...Someone knows how can i test this...my idea is send a small
files (10-mb) frequently to test this...but i dont know how to do
this...someone has anyidea?

Here is one way to do it:
1. Setup a mail-sever on a old box [1].
2. Configure that server in a way that it does not refuse to send 100s
of 1000s of mails.

[1] If you never set up a mail-server take the one deeproot.in is
hacking on. In fact a smtp-server

maybe would be just enough.