Old 10-29-2008, 03:32 PM
"Boaventura Rodrigues Neto"

Default lcap

Hi everyone.
Please, anyone knows what happens with the package lcap in Debian GNU/Linux 5.0, codenamed lenny?
Thank you.
--
Boaventura Rodrigues Neto

Old 10-29-2008, 03:40 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Boaventura Rodrigues Neto wrote:
> Please, anyone knows what happens with the package lcap in Debian GNU/Linux
> 5.0, codenamed *lenny*?

Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF

Old 10-29-2008, 04:11 PM
"Boaventura Rodrigues Neto"

Eugene:
*** Thank you. By the way, you know how can i disable the capability CAP_SYS_MODULE in lenny?

Old 10-29-2008, 05:10 PM
"Boaventura Rodrigues Neto"

Eugene:
*I think that i find out the answer, RTFM (capabilities(7)):

" Capability bounding set from Linux 2.6.25 onwards

****** From* Linux* 2.6.25,* the* capability* bounding* set* is* a* per-thread

****** attribute.* (There is no longer a system-wide capability bounding set.) "

Thank you anyway.