Old 10-29-2008, 02:43 PM
MLewis

Default Lenny RAID1

I have a machine running RH9 with RAID1 that I am planning to move to Lenny.

1) I believe that I can exclude the existing RAID array when doing the
install without harm to the RAID array or the data. Is this correct?

2) Once Lenny is installed, how to add the RAID array? Or perhaps this
is an option during the install?

Thanks,
Mike

--

29A, the hexadecimal of the Beast.
10:40:01 up 41 min, 4 users, load average: 0.33, 0.28, 0.19

Linux Registered User #241685 http://counter.li.org

Old 10-29-2008, 02:58 PM
François Cerbelle

Le Mer 29 octobre 2008 16:43, MLewis a écrit :
> I have a machine running RH9 with RAID1 that I am planning to move to
> Lenny.
> 1) I believe that I can exclude the existing RAID array when doing the
> install without harm to the RAID array or the data. Is this correct?
> 2) Once Lenny is installed, how to add the RAID array? Or perhaps this
> is an option during the install?

Hi,

You have two possibilities :
1 - Declare the RAID array during the install, give it a mount point, but
DO NOT format it ! ;-)
2 - Do nothing, just ignore the n individual drives, the RAID metadevice
and eventually (certainly) the LVM PV/VG/LV... After install, just add the
package "mdadm" (and eventually "lvm2"). At boot, it will automatically
detect the RAID MD and the LVM LV. You will just have to create the
mountpoints and to edit manually the fstab.

It works fine, I did it yesterday (solution 2) ! ;-)

Fanfan
--
http://www.cerbelle.net - http://www.afdm-idf.org