FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Hugo Wau
 
Default USB drive not ready

My external 500 GB USB drive had never worked immediately, but when it
was warmed up, it finally connected and could be used. But now have I
come to a point, that the connection does not work any more - not with
ohci_hcd, nor with ehci_hcd, when the letter "o" (in *o*hci_hcd) gets
replace by an "e" in error messages like this:

usb-storage: device found at 6
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=04b4, idProduct=6830
usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=56, Product=78, SerialNumber=100
usb 1-1: Product: USB2.0 Storage Device
usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Cypress Semiconductor
usb 1-1: SerialNumber: ############
usb-storage: device scan complete
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 6
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 6
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 6
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 6
scsi 10:0:0:0: Device offlined - not ready after error recovery

Google showed me, that there are many with similar problems. I tried
several proposals - but found no working solution so far.

After many trials and tests do I need to get my system in order again -
of which the backups are on the actually not accessible external hard
drive. (An USB-memory-stick always kept working without any issues on
the same system.)

1. Which kernel modules are needed (and which are to be avoided) for
to connect an external USB hard drive to the system successfully?
2. Which software packages and library packages are needed (and which
are to be avoided) to operate an external USB hard drive successfully?
3. What should the /etc/fstab look like for which kernel version?

Thanks in advance.

Hugo Wau






























--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 10-29-2008, 10:22 PM
en0f
 
Default USB drive not ready

Hugo Wau wrote:
My external 500 GB USB drive had never worked immediately, but when it
was warmed up, it finally connected and could be used. But now have I
come to a point, that the connection does not work any more - not with
ohci_hcd, nor with ehci_hcd, when the letter "o" (in *o*hci_hcd) gets
replace by an "e" in error messages like this:


usb-storage: device found at 6
usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=04b4, idProduct=6830
usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=56, Product=78, SerialNumber=100
usb 1-1: Product: USB2.0 Storage Device
usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Cypress Semiconductor
usb 1-1: SerialNumber: ############
usb-storage: device scan complete
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 6
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 6
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 6
usb 1-1: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 6
scsi 10:0:0:0: Device offlined - not ready after error recovery


I am pretty sure this is hardware problem. Check that it works under
other OS and make sure the cablings and USB2IDE adapters are OK.



1. Which kernel modules are needed (and which are to be avoided) for
to connect an external USB hard drive to the system successfully?


With a USB2IDE adapter plugged into a 1TB IDE drive running on one of my
lenny box, lsmod gives me -


ehci_hcd 28428 0
uhci_hcd 18672 0
usbcore 118160 8
usb_storage,rndis_host,cdc_ether,usbnet,usbhid,ehc i_hcd,uhci_hcd

usb_storage 75936 3
scsi_mod 129356 3 sd_mod,usb_storage,libata


3. What should the /etc/fstab look like for which kernel version?


/dev/sdb2 /mnt/extras ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 0

An internal 250GB IDE disk is populated at boot time in /dev/ using
either sd_mod or scsi_mod (Not too sure on this one).


--
en0f


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Virgo Pärna
 
Default USB drive not ready

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:52:46 +1030, en0f <en0f@bokey.mine.nu> wrote:
>
> I am pretty sure this is hardware problem. Check that it works under
> other OS and make sure the cablings and USB2IDE adapters are OK.
>

I am having same problem with my Pentax Optio E50 digital
compact camera. It works with Windows XP in same computer and it used
to work in Debian Etch. But then I decided to upgrade my laptop to
Lenny to test it - and it would not longer connect the camera.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Florian Kulzer
 
Default USB drive not ready

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 11:31:25 +0000, Virgo Pärna wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:52:46 +1030, en0f wrote:
> >
> > I am pretty sure this is hardware problem. Check that it works under
> > other OS and make sure the cablings and USB2IDE adapters are OK.
> >
>
> I am having same problem with my Pentax Optio E50 digital
> compact camera. It works with Windows XP in same computer and it used
> to work in Debian Etch. But then I decided to upgrade my laptop to
> Lenny to test it - and it would not longer connect the camera.

Run

tail -fn0 /var/log/syslog

This will list all new messages appearing in the system log. (You can
exit with CTRL-C.) Then plug in the camera, turn it on, and wait at
least thirty seconds. Post the syslog messages here; they might tell us
what goes wrong.

--
Regards, | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
Florian |


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Virgo Pärna
 
Default USB drive not ready

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 17:27:04 +0100, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> wrote:
>
> tail -fn0 /var/log/syslog
>
> This will list all new messages appearing in the system log. (You can
> exit with CTRL-C.) Then plug in the camera, turn it on, and wait at
> least thirty seconds. Post the syslog messages here; they might tell us
> what goes wrong.
>

Here is the log:

virsik:~# tail -fn0 /var/log/syslog
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik kernel: [ 4008.232143] usb 4-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik kernel: [ 4008.385061] usb 4-3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik kernel: [ 4008.385834] usb 4-3: New USB device found, idVendor=0a17, idProduct=00a7
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik kernel: [ 4008.385842] usb 4-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik kernel: [ 4008.385845] usb 4-3: Product: Optio E50
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik kernel: [ 4008.385848] usb 4-3: Manufacturer: PENTAX Corporation
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik kernel: [ 4008.385851] usb 4-3: SerialNumber: 1153315
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik NetworkManager: <debug> [1226220850.413979] nm_hal_device_added(): New device added (hal udi is '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_a17_a7_1153315').
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik kernel: [ 4008.494770] Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik kernel: [ 4008.496656] scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik kernel: [ 4008.497224] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik kernel: [ 4008.497231] USB Mass Storage support registered.
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik kernel: [ 4008.498687] usb-storage: device found at 2
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik kernel: [ 4008.498694] usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik NetworkManager: <debug> [1226220850.507788] nm_hal_device_added(): New device added (hal udi is '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_a17_a7_1153315_if0').
Nov 9 10:54:10 virsik NetworkManager: <debug> [1226220850.553348] nm_hal_device_added(): New device added (hal udi is '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_a17_a7_1153315_usbraw').
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik kernel: [ 4013.496310] usb-storage: device scan complete
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik kernel: [ 4013.496916] scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access PENTAX Optio E50 1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 0 CCS
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik kernel: [ 4013.572005] Driver 'sd' needs updating - please use bus_type methods
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik kernel: [ 4013.576402] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 4022273 512-byte hardware sectors (2059 MB)
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik kernel: [ 4013.577031] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik kernel: [ 4013.577037] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 00 00 00 00
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik kernel: [ 4013.577040] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik kernel: [ 4013.579146] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 4022273 512-byte hardware sectors (2059 MB)
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik kernel: [ 4013.579776] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik kernel: [ 4013.579782] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 00 00 00 00
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik kernel: [ 4013.579786] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik kernel: [ 4013.579790] sda: sda1
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik kernel: [ 4013.581968] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik NetworkManager: <debug> [1226220855.575699] nm_hal_device_added(): New device added (hal udi is '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_a17_a7_1153315_if0_scsi_host').
Nov 9 10:54:15 virsik NetworkManager: <debug> [1226220855.582552] nm_hal_device_added(): New device added (hal udi is '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_a17_a7_1153315_if0_scsi_host_scsi_devic e_lun0').
Nov 9 10:54:18 virsik kernel: [ 4016.216143] usb 4-3: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
Nov 9 10:54:33 virsik kernel: [ 4031.328145] usb 4-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
Nov 9 10:54:48 virsik kernel: [ 4046.544146] usb 4-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
Nov 9 10:54:48 virsik kernel: [ 4046.760149] usb 4-3: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
Nov 9 10:55:03 virsik kernel: [ 4061.872212] usb 4-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
Nov 9 10:55:19 virsik kernel: [ 4077.088139] usb 4-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
Nov 9 10:55:19 virsik kernel: [ 4077.304136] usb 4-3: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
Nov 9 10:55:29 virsik kernel: [ 4087.712157] usb 4-3: device not accepting address 2, error -110
Nov 9 10:55:29 virsik kernel: [ 4087.824141] usb 4-3: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.232143] usb 4-3: device not accepting address 2, error -110
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.232201] usb 4-3: USB disconnect, address 2
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.232542] sd 0:0:0:0: Device offlined - not ready after error recovery
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.233085] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Result: hostbyte=DID_NO_CONNECT driverbyte=DRIVER_OK,SUGGEST_OK
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.233093] end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 4022272
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.233098] Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 4022272
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.233247] Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 4022272
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.233291] Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 4022264
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.233299] Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 4022265
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.233306] Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 4022266
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.233313] Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 4022267
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.233320] Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 4022268
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.233327] Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 4022269
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.233334] Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 4022270
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.233341] Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 4022271
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.234102] scsi 0:0:0:0: rejecting I/O to dead device
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik NetworkManager: <debug> [1226220940.247971] nm_hal_device_removed(): Device removed (hal udi is '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_a17_a7_1153315_if0_scsi_host_scsi_devic e_lun0').
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik NetworkManager: <debug> [1226220940.250795] nm_hal_device_removed(): Device removed (hal udi is '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_a17_a7_1153315_if0_scsi_host').
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik NetworkManager: <debug> [1226220940.258623] nm_hal_device_removed(): Device removed (hal udi is '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_a17_a7_1153315_if0').
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik NetworkManager: <debug> [1226220940.288495] nm_hal_device_removed(): Device removed (hal udi is '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_a17_a7_1153315_usbraw').
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik NetworkManager: <debug> [1226220940.295192] nm_hal_device_removed(): Device removed (hal udi is '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_a17_a7_1153315').
Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.364147] usb 4-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
Nov 9 10:55:55 virsik kernel: [ 4113.476137] usb 4-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
Nov 9 10:56:10 virsik kernel: [ 4128.692145] usb 4-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
Nov 9 10:56:10 virsik kernel: [ 4128.908140] usb 4-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
Nov 9 10:56:26 virsik kernel: [ 4144.020138] usb 4-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
Nov 9 10:56:41 virsik kernel: [ 4159.236176] usb 4-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
Nov 9 10:56:41 virsik kernel: [ 4159.452162] usb 4-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
Nov 9 10:56:51 virsik kernel: [ 4169.860029] usb 4-3: device not accepting address 5, error -110
Nov 9 10:56:51 virsik kernel: [ 4169.972157] usb 4-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
Nov 9 10:57:02 virsik kernel: [ 4180.380136] usb 4-3: device not accepting address 6, error -110
Nov 9 10:57:02 virsik kernel: [ 4180.380167] hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 3
Nov 9 10:57:02 virsik kernel: [ 4180.772038] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
Nov 9 10:57:17 virsik kernel: [ 4195.884032] usb 2-1: device descriptor read/64, error -110
Nov 9 10:57:33 virsik kernel: [ 4211.100035] usb 2-1: device descriptor read/64, error -110
Nov 9 10:57:33 virsik kernel: [ 4211.316029] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
Nov 9 10:57:48 virsik kernel: [ 4226.428038] usb 2-1: device descriptor read/64, error -110
Nov 9 10:58:03 virsik kernel: [ 4241.644037] usb 2-1: device descriptor read/64, error -110
Nov 9 10:58:03 virsik kernel: [ 4241.860029] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
Nov 9 10:58:14 virsik kernel: [ 4252.268030] usb 2-1: device not accepting address 4, error -110
Nov 9 10:58:14 virsik kernel: [ 4252.380043] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
Nov 9 10:58:24 virsik kernel: [ 4262.788030] usb 2-1: device not accepting address 5, error -110
Nov 9 10:58:24 virsik kernel: [ 4262.788060] hub 2-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Virgo Pärna
 
Default USB drive not ready

Additionally - I rebooted my laptop toto Windows XP Home, connected
the camera and copied ~500 MB of video clips and images to computer. It
worked just fine, it took less than a minute to copy and there were no
errors in event log.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Florian Kulzer
 
Default USB drive not ready

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 09:05:33 +0000, Virgo Pärna wrote:

[...]

> Here is the log:
>
> virsik:~# tail -fn0 /var/log/syslog

[ snip: camera recognized, hal reacts normally, sd driver loaded;
everything looks fine until... ]

> Nov 9 10:54:18 virsik kernel: [ 4016.216143] usb 4-3: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
> Nov 9 10:54:33 virsik kernel: [ 4031.328145] usb 4-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
> Nov 9 10:54:48 virsik kernel: [ 4046.544146] usb 4-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
> Nov 9 10:54:48 virsik kernel: [ 4046.760149] usb 4-3: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
> Nov 9 10:55:03 virsik kernel: [ 4061.872212] usb 4-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
> Nov 9 10:55:19 virsik kernel: [ 4077.088139] usb 4-3: device descriptor read/64, error -110
> Nov 9 10:55:19 virsik kernel: [ 4077.304136] usb 4-3: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
> Nov 9 10:55:29 virsik kernel: [ 4087.712157] usb 4-3: device not accepting address 2, error -110
> Nov 9 10:55:29 virsik kernel: [ 4087.824141] usb 4-3: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
> Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.232143] usb 4-3: device not accepting address 2, error -110
> Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.232201] usb 4-3: USB disconnect, address 2
> Nov 9 10:55:40 virsik kernel: [ 4098.232542] sd 0:0:0:0: Device offlined - not ready after error recovery

Try

modprobe -r ehci_hcd

and connect the camera again. It seems that this module can cause
problems with certain controllers, devices, ports or cables. For more
information, see here:

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.20/+bug/88746
http://www.linux-usb.org/FAQ.html#ts6

You could also try if the 2.6.27 kernel improves the situation. (What
you report in your other mail indicates that WinXP can operate the
device at normal USB 2.0 speeds, so it would be annoying if Linux
restricted you to USB 1.1 speeds.)

--
Regards, | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
Florian |


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Virgo Pärna
 
Default USB drive not ready

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 13:34:21 +0100, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> wrote:
>
> modprobe -r ehci_hcd
>

That did not work for me.

> You could also try if the 2.6.27 kernel improves the situation. (What
> you report in your other mail indicates that WinXP can operate the
>

I quess, I can try this too. I'll also try the camera with one of the linux computers
at work, that runs Etch - to confirm, that it still works with Etch. Just in case - lspci
for USB

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-M) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 03)


--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Florian Kulzer
 
Default USB drive not ready

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 18:13:21 +0000, Virgo Pärna wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 13:34:21 +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> >
> > modprobe -r ehci_hcd
> >
>
> That did not work for me.
>
> > You could also try if the 2.6.27 kernel improves the situation. (What
> > you report in your other mail indicates that WinXP can operate the
> >
>
> I quess, I can try this too. I'll also try the camera with one of the linux computers
> at work, that runs Etch - to confirm, that it still works with Etch. Just in case - lspci
> for USB
>
> 00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
> 00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
> 00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
> 00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-M) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 03)

That looks more and more like you found a regression in the USB driver.
If you can reproduce the problem with an upstream 2.6.27 kernel then it
is probably best to contact the kernel mailing list directly about this.

--
Regards, | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
Florian |


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Virgo Pärna
 
Default USB drive not ready

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 23:01:59 +0100, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> wrote:
>
> That looks more and more like you found a regression in the USB driver.
> If you can reproduce the problem with an upstream 2.6.27 kernel then it
> is probably best to contact the kernel mailing list directly about this.
>

I had some problems getting 2.6.27 to run after building it (ide hard drives
suddenly becomeing SCSI drives caused difficulties). But the problem is same -
only difference that I saw, was change of drive number because first sda was already
taken. I'll try to search kernel Bugzilla and check the mailing list also.

PS: I don't think, that it makes any difference, that I installed 2.6.27 by building
Debian package with make-kpkg.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:27 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org