-   -   import in kino from screen recording tools (avi, mov, ?) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/18407-import-kino-screen-recording-tools-avi-mov.html)

Peter Werner 12-12-2007 08:52 PM

import in kino from screen recording tools (avi, mov, ?)

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 10:36:41PM +0100, Paul Csanyi wrote:
> But I can't to import them on Debian Etc with kino.
> I get an error message:
> Failed to load media file
> "/dfat32/Iskola/SketchUp video folveteleim/sketchup.avi.dv"
> or
> Failed to load media file "/dfat32/Iskola/SketchUp video
> folveteleim/SketchUp_folvetelem.mov.dv"

AFAIK kino can only use dv files, so in converts any imported
files to dv before processing. your problem now seems to be, that
you can't write in "/dfat32/Iskola/SketchUp video folveteleim/"
please check weather it is mounted read-only, has the wrong
permissions or has no free space left.

greetings Peter Werner

"Paul Csanyi" 12-13-2007 11:42 AM

import in kino from screen recording tools (avi, mov, ?)

Hello!

2007/12/12, Peter Werner <debian@artemis.in-ulm.de>:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 10:36:41PM +0100, Paul Csanyi wrote:
> > But I can't to import them on Debian Etc with kino.
> > I get an error message:
> > Failed to load media file
> > "/dfat32/Iskola/SketchUp video folveteleim/sketchup.avi.dv"
> > or
> > Failed to load media file "/dfat32/Iskola/SketchUp video
> > folveteleim/SketchUp_folvetelem.mov.dv"
>
> AFAIK kino can only use dv files, so in converts any imported
> files to dv before processing. your problem now seems to be, that
> you can't write in "/dfat32/Iskola/SketchUp video folveteleim/"
> please check weather it is mounted read-only, has the wrong
> permissions or has no free space left.

Now I have moved the SketchUp_folvetelem.mov file in my
/home/username/Kino/ directory and try to import it from there
in to the Kino, but get the same error message:
Failed to load media file "/home/csanyipal/Kino/sketchup.avi.dv"

The /home/ directory have 7.21 GB free space left,
it is mounted read/write, and
/home/username/Kino/ have usual permissons: 755.

Are there some application that can to convert avi, or mov
format in to the dv format?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi

Darko 12-14-2007 08:04 AM

import in kino from screen recording tools (avi, mov, ?)

Paul Csanyi wrote:

Hello!

[...]

mencoder -mc 0 -noskip -oac pcm -ovc lavc -ffourcc DX50 -o output.avi
input.mov

ffmpeg -i input.avi -s pal -r pal -aspect 4:3 -ar 48000 -ac 2 output.dv