Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Chris Bannister

Default unusable desktop

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 11:16:32PM -0400, Ken Heard wrote:
[..]
> As for my desktop, unfortunately it is not usable at the moment. About
> two months ago I upgraded it fromm Etch to Etchandahalf, whereupon in
> short order it became unusable. I don't know whether to reinstall Etch
> on it, or install Lenny, which of course is still in testing. I
> certainly long for the stability of Sarge.

Care to elaborate on your desktop problems? I wouldn't recommend
exposing Sarge to the Internet. You shouldn't need to reinstall. That is
the beauty of Debian; install once and then just upgrade ... upgrade
... ad infinitum[1]

[1] Well OK, *eventually* the hardware will be too old but by then you'd
start noticing other problems.

--
Chris.
======