Old 10-28-2008, 07:50 PM
"PRHarris"

Default I get too many emails

Since joining your discussion group, I have been deluged
with emails. Please remove me from your membership files.

prharris

me2@meetechnology.com

thank you

Patrick Harris

Old 10-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Dom

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:50 PM, PRHarris <me2@meetechnology.com> wrote:
> Since joining your discussion group, I have been deluged with emails. Please
> remove me from your membership files.
>
> prharris
>
> me2@meetechnology.com
>
> thank you
>
> Patrick Harris

Dear Patrick,

If you want to remove yourself, here are the instructions:
http://lists.debian.org/

But let me give you a little tip how I cleared my inbox of all of
these messages - I actually subscribed to quite a few mailing lists
over time and at one point over 90% of the messages incoming every day
were just from these mailing lists.

So I opened a special gmail account and subscribed to all these
mailing lists again with that account and unsubscribed with my mail
address.

Now whenever I wish to find out what's going on at these mailing
lists, I just log in into this special account. A little bit of
filtering and everything is very tidy even in this inbox.

--
Dom Delimar
http://domdelimar.com

Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 PM
MLewis

PRHarris wrote:
Since joining your discussion group, I have been deluged with emails.
Please remove me from your membership files.

prharris

me2@meetechnology.com <mailto:me2@meetechnology.com>

thank you

Patrick Harris

In the headers of every message on this list, you will find the
following helpful information:

HTH,
Mike
--

:-) :-> ;-) "Smilies everyone, Smilies" Mr.Rourke

Linux Registered User #241685 http://counter.li.org

Old 10-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Brad Rogers

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:50:29 -0500
"PRHarris" <me2@meetechnology.com> wrote:

Hello PRHarris,

> Since joining your discussion group, I have been deluged with emails.
> Please remove me from your membership files.

We can't; It's done that way so nobody else can (un)subscribe you
against your wishes. Normally, instructions of how to unsubscribe are
included at the end of each message sent via the list. For some reason,
they aren't always. So, just in case, here they are:-

with a subject of "unsubscribe".
Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Loaded like a freight train flyin' like an aeroplane
Nightrain - Guns 'N' Roses

Old 10-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Emanoil Kotsev

MLewis wrote:

> PRHarris wrote:
>> Since joining your discussion group, I have been deluged with emails.
>> Please remove me from your membership files.
>>
>> prharris
>>
>> me2@meetechnology.com <mailto:me2@meetechnology.com>
>>
>> thank you
>>
>> Patrick Harris
>>

> In the headers of every message on this list, you will find the
> following helpful information:

> HTH,
> Mike

I was advised to use the gmane I found then knode and this is how I do it.
I also set up digest mailing, so mails from lists are bundeled in one single
mail.

Look at the options you can configure and make your life easier

regards

Old 10-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Rich Healey