-   -   intrusion detection (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/183468-intrusion-detection.html)

David Bernier 10-28-2008 02:25 PM

intrusion detection

Dear Debian users,

I think my computer was hacked. A music CD that I bought in a store
(Redbook audio

standard) was left in the CD/DVD bay. Then, mysteriously, a song
by Destiny's Child ("Jumpin' Jumpin' ") got transformed into the *.ogg
format, but
I didn't ask for that. Same sound from stereo playing Redbook format
audio CD

and the *.ogg file on the hard drive ...

So I took a test-drive of Ubuntu 8.04 Live CD, and then did a complete
reinstall. Now, I'm using Ubuntu and the firestarter firewall.

I'd like to know about ideas for security, including for example
intrusion-detection systems.

Thanks,

David Bernier