Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 AM
"hhding.gnu"

Default gnome-volume-manager, hal and dbus

Hello,

I install debian etch, and want my usb disk be mounted automaticly.

When I insert my usb disk, the udev find it, and lshal shows it found
the device. ps aux shows dbus and gnome-volume-manager are both running.
But, the usb device is not automaticly mounted.

Any clue to diagnose the problem?
I want to know the problem is in dbus or gnome-volume-manager, should
dbus-monitor help on that?

Regards,
Ding Honghui

Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Chris Bannister

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 05:51:20PM +0800, hhding.gnu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I install debian etch, and want my usb disk be mounted automaticly.
>
> When I insert my usb disk, the udev find it, and lshal shows it found
> the device. ps aux shows dbus and gnome-volume-manager are both running.
> But, the usb device is not automaticly mounted.
>
> Any clue to diagnose the problem?
> I want to know the problem is in dbus or gnome-volume-manager, should
> dbus-monitor help on that?

Is ivman installed?

--
Chris.
======

Old 10-29-2008, 12:37 AM
"hhding.gnu"

hhding.gnu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I install debian etch, and want my usb disk be mounted automaticly.
>
> When I insert my usb disk, the udev find it, and lshal shows it found
> the device. ps aux shows dbus and gnome-volume-manager are both running.
> But, the usb device is not automaticly mounted.
>
> Any clue to diagnose the problem?
> I want to know the problem is in dbus or gnome-volume-manager, should
> dbus-monitor help on that?
>
> Regards,
> Ding Honghui

Hello, I find out why it does not works. Because the user start the
gnome is not in group plugdev. So dbus-monitor will not get message from
dbus. :-)

Regards,
Ding Honghui