Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 AM
Arthur Barlow

Default Problem installing Iceweasel

I've been trying to install Iceweasel with Aptitude, but the same
thing happens each time. Even if I purge all the Iceweasel files and
directories, and then do a reinstall the result is that there is a
soft link in "/usr/bin/iceweasel" that points to "/lib/iceweasel/
iceweasel." But, when I look in "/lib" there isn't even a
subdirectory called "iceweasel." What's going wrong? My kernel is
"2.6.26-1-686." The machine is an older P3 Gateway.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:47 AM
Ron Johnson

I've been trying to install Iceweasel with Aptitude, but the same thing
happens each time. Even if I purge all the Iceweasel files and
directories, and then do a reinstall the result is that there is a soft
link in "/usr/bin/iceweasel" that points to "/lib/iceweasel/iceweasel."
But, when I look in "/lib" there isn't even a subdirectory called
"iceweasel." What's going wrong?

Any error messages?

What branch are you using? (Etch, Lenny, Sid, Sarge?)

My kernel is "2.6.26-1-686." The

Doesn't matter.

machine is an older P3 Gateway.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:03 AM
Sven Joachim

On 2008-10-28 05:17 +0100, Arthur Barlow wrote:

> I've been trying to install Iceweasel with Aptitude, but the same
> thing happens each time. Even if I purge all the Iceweasel files and
> directories, and then do a reinstall the result is that there is a
> soft link in "/usr/bin/iceweasel" that points to "/lib/iceweasel/
> iceweasel." But, when I look in "/lib" there isn't even a
> subdirectory called "iceweasel."

The link is supposed to point to /usr/lib/iceweasel/iceweasel. What
does "dpkg -S /usr/bin/iceweasel" print?

Sven