Old 10-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Michelle Konzack

Default Again another note...

----8<------------------------------------------------------------------
I would have to reply that rapid development is one of the reasons I love
Fedora. Fedora fill a specific niche that fall between a Gentoo/LFS
mentality (although in the past I have seen Fedora RPMs more up to date than
Gentoo Ebuilds) and the superstable world of Debian and RHEL/CentOS.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ubuntu releases, also fit into this category although they do not move as
rapidly as Fedora. I would submit that CentOS/RHEL IS the equivalent of
Fedora LTS. Also, personally I have found Fedora to be more stable than
Ubuntu. IMOFedora needs to stay true to its purpose, and let the users
choose if that is appropriate for them.
----8<------------------------------------------------------------------

;-)

Note: Most of my customers are switching from Mandriva/Fedora to
Debian because exactly this reason... And of course, there
are MANY Madriva/Fedora consultants out here in Strasbourg
but there is a grave problem with it:

MANY of them are no real Enterprises and they are short-term
GNU/Linux users and create there One-Man "enterprise" because
the economic crises... Most of them have no Real-Experience
in administrating an Enterprise Network and fail...

I have too much customers and I am hopeless overworked with
over 2800 Server/Workstations under my control. Fortunately
I have some customers which allowed my to install some of my
own admin servers (High-Availability) and mirrrors in there
networks which help me to do central administration of nearly
all computers at once...

Thanks to all Debian Developers, Debian Maintainers and Contributors
making Debian to the best and biggest GNU/linux Distribution of the
World...

Greetings and nice Day/Evening/Night
Michelle Konzack
Systemadministrator
24V Electronic Engineer
Tamay Dogan Network
Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Michelle Konzack Apt. 917 ICQ #328449886
+49/177/9351947 50, rue de Soultz MSN LinuxMichi