-   -   Xserver crash and lockup (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/182816-xserver-crash-lockup.html)

"mal_platt@btinternet.com" 10-27-2008 07:50 AM

Xserver crash and lockup

[This mail was also posted to linux.debian.user.]

Hi guys,
I have two boxes running Lenny (now fully updated) that are
showing the same symptoms as:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?
bug=496889
I had not updated either box for several months but now i get the exact
same symptoms as this bug states although it happens when running any
program not just Games.
Has anyone come up with a work around for this. i cannot believe this is
an isolated (two or three users) case.

thanks in advance for any information and help.
bod.

"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." 10-27-2008 05:57 PM

Xserver crash and lockup

On Monday 27 October 2008 03:50:37 am mal_platt@btinternet.com wrote:
>I have two boxes running Lenny (now fully updated) that are
>showing the same symptoms as:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?
>bug=496889
>*Has anyone come up with a work around for this.

Based on the backtraces posted, you might be able to work-around it by
disabling EXA in your xorg.conf, by either falling back to XAA or simply
disabling acceleration and/or Xrender.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. * * * * * * * * * * ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net * * * * * * * * * * *((_/)o o(\_))