Old 10-26-2008, 07:13 PM
"H.S."

Default how to get headset controls to work

Hello,

I have a Microsoft LifeChat LX 3000 USB headset. It has volume and mic
controls on it. How can I make those controls work on Debian Testing or
Unstable?

More generally, how does one go about making any such controls on USB
headsets work?

BTW, I can control its volume using "alsamixser -c 1" command in a
terminal where "1" is the card number reported by "aplay -l".

Thanks.

ever having been read.