Old 10-26-2008, 04:36 PM
"Wu, Kejia"

Default Hunting a Math Application

Hi all,

Is there some open source application with functions as Matlab on linux?

I feel very grateful to any suggestion.

Regards,
Kejia

Old 10-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Kumar Appaiah

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:36:00AM -0700, Wu, Kejia wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there some open source application with functions as Matlab on linux?
>
> I feel very grateful to any suggestion.

GNU Octave. Freemat may also work, though I have never tried it.

HTH.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah

Old 10-26-2008, 04:57 PM
tyler

"Wu, Kejia" <w.kejia@gmail.com> writes:
> Is there some open source application with functions as Matlab on linux?

Octave is the closest you'll get, but R (a dialect of S) and maxima
(similar to Mathematica) might also be useful.

Cheers,

Tyler

Old 10-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Zhan