Old 10-26-2008, 12:16 AM
"Star Liu"

Default how to setup a local website for storing some debian packages?

sometimes we have some standalone packages to install, it's not in the
offical mirrors. I'm a web developer so I hope I can make a local
website to store these packages, then I add a line "deb
http://localhost/debian unstable main contrib non-free" into my
source.list file, then these packages can be installed seamlessly with
other offical packages.
I'm able to setup a website using apache, but I need the instructions
about how to place those standalone packages into my localwebsite and
make it work with official packages, could you give me a example to do
this thing? thanks

--
I'm a debian user and a web developer(XML+XSLT+AJAX+PostgreSQL+PHP) in
City of Shanghai, China.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:53 AM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

On Saturday 25 October 2008, "Star Liu" <minxinjianxin@gmail.com> wrote
about 'how to setup a local website for storing some debian packages?':
>sometimes we have some standalone packages to install, it's not in the
>offical mirrors. I'm a web developer so I hope I can make a local
>website to store these packages, then I add a line "deb
>http://localhost/debian unstable main contrib non-free" into my
>source.list file, then these packages can be installed seamlessly with
>other offical packages.

Usr the file:// protocol instead and you don't have to deal with apache at
all. My line from /etc/apt/sources.list looks like this:
deb file:/var/apt-repository /

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net ((_/)o o(\_))

Old 10-26-2008, 06:24 AM
Alex Samad

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 08:16:14AM +0800, Star Liu wrote:
> sometimes we have some standalone packages to install, it's not in the
> offical mirrors. I'm a web developer so I hope I can make a local
> website to store these packages, then I add a line "deb
> http://localhost/debian unstable main contrib non-free" into my
> source.list file, then these packages can be installed seamlessly with
> other offical packages.
> I'm able to setup a website using apache, but I need the instructions
> about how to place those standalone packages into my localwebsite and
> make it work with official packages, could you give me a example to do
> this thing? thanks

Have a look at reprepro i use it to maintain my local repo

> --
> I'm a debian user and a web developer(XML+XSLT+AJAX+PostgreSQL+PHP) in
> City of Shanghai, China.
> Welcome to add my IMs! (msn) starliu@live.com (xmpp) minxinjianxin@gmail.com
> HomePage http://starliu dot 9966 dot com [It's only available when my
> personal machine is running, on which it's hosted.]

"We wouldn't go forward if we were concerned about the security of the United States of America."

- George W. Bush
02/23/2006
Washington, DC
in a Cabinet meeting