Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Debian User (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/)
-   -   Changes to vim, how to undo (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/182215-changes-vim-how-undo.html)

Alex Samad 10-25-2008 08:34 PM

Changes to vim, how to undo
 
Hi

I have spent a bit of time setting up mutt and vim, from some help on
the mailing list.

I had mutt use a user config file for vim

== mutt.vim ==

" source everything as usual
" setting filtype to mail should have all the right values !
source /etc/vim/vimrc
source ~/.vimrc


" set filetype=mail " correct syntax highlighting
" the above is not working any more !!
source /usr/share/vim/vim71/ftplugin/mail.vim

" Allow indenting ?
filetype indent on

" Spelling
" Colouring
highlight SpellErrors ctermfg=Red cterm=underline term=reverse
highlight SpellBad term=standout ctermfg=15 ctermbg=1 guifg=White
guibg=Red
highlight SpellCap ctermfg=Blue cterm=underline term=reverse
highlight SpellLocal term=standout ctermfg=15 ctermbg=1 guifg=Green
guibg=Cyan

" Location
setlocal spell spelllang=en_au

" Snippage
map <F2> Di<CR>[snip]<CR><CR><Esc>

==

my problem is after a recent upgrade of vim I had to add in
source /usr/share/vim/vim71/ftplugin/mail.vim

when i used to be able to do just

set filetype=mail

I am not sure what I need to change - or even how to debug or trace
which modules are loaded in which order ....

A

--
"This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran
is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the
table."

- George W. Bush
02/22/2005
Brussels, Belgium

Andrei Popescu 10-25-2008 08:51 PM

Changes to vim, how to undo
 
On Sun,26.Oct.08, 07:34:34, Alex Samad wrote:

> my problem is after a recent upgrade of vim I had to add in
> source /usr/share/vim/vim71/ftplugin/mail.vim

I didn't have to add anything, vim automatically recognizes the
filetype=mail.

Regards,
Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
(Albert Einstein)

Alex Samad 10-25-2008 10:21 PM

Changes to vim, how to undo
 
On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 11:51:38PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sun,26.Oct.08, 07:34:34, Alex Samad wrote:
>
> > my problem is after a recent upgrade of vim I had to add in
> > source /usr/share/vim/vim71/ftplugin/mail.vim
>
> I didn't have to add anything, vim automatically recognizes the
> filetype=mail.

I invoke vim from mutt with -u .mutt/vimrc, i believe this over rides the
normal startup process, which is why i include the files and a simple
set ft=mail used to work, now I have to source the file

>
> Regards,
> Andrei
> --
> If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
> (Albert Einstein)



--
"I understand small business growth. I was one."

- George W. Bush
02/19/2000
New York Daily News

Alex Samad 10-25-2008 10:39 PM

Changes to vim, how to undo
 
On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 09:21:48AM +1100, Alex Samad wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 11:51:38PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Sun,26.Oct.08, 07:34:34, Alex Samad wrote:
> >
> > > my problem is after a recent upgrade of vim I had to add in
> > > source /usr/share/vim/vim71/ftplugin/mail.vim
> >
> > I didn't have to add anything, vim automatically recognizes the
> > filetype=mail.
>
> I invoke vim from mutt with -u .mutt/vimrc, i believe this over rides the
> normal startup process, which is why i include the files and a simple
> set ft=mail used to work, now I have to source the file

found this is the vim readme

Filetype plugins are no longer enabled by default because certain
actions
(like preventing the loading of the default menus) *must* occur before
filetype detection is enabled. By enabling filetype plugins (and
detection)
in debian.vim, we are preventing the user from being able to make
changes to
Vim's behavior. Filetype plugins can be re-enabled via
"filetype plugin on".

looks like it might be problem

>
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andrei
> > --
> > If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
> > (Albert Einstein)
>
>
>
> --
> "I understand small business growth. I was one."
>
> - George W. Bush
> 02/19/2000
> New York Daily News



--
The truth is what is; what should be is a dirty lie.
-- Lenny Bruce


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:31 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.