Old 10-25-2008, 08:14 PM
JoeHill

Default mail and web start in offline mode

When I start either my mail client, Claws, or Firefox web browser, they are in
offline mode.

I'm thinking this is not a setting in either of those apps, since I cannot get
Firefox to change even by setting 'online' to 'true' in about:config, and I'm
looking for where this setting might be in either a system or desktop config,
but I cannot find anything that relates to this in networking properties or in
the settings for XFCE.

Any ideas where I can look for something like this?

--
Joe

Old 10-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Brad Rogers

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 16:14:12 -0400
JoeHill <joehill@teksavvy.com> wrote:

Hello JoeHill,

> When I start either my mail client, Claws, or Firefox web browser,
> they are in offline mode.

I can't speak for FF, as I don't know it that well. When it comes to CM
though, it doesn't matter what state your system is in, CM (should)
honour whatever state you tell it to be in. With CM shut down, edit
clawsrc (usually in ~/.claws-mail/ and make sure the following exists;

work_offline=0

Restart CM, and you ought to be in online mode.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

I hope live to relive the days gone by