-   -   https to http (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/181757-https-http.html)

"Andrea Ganduglia" 10-24-2008 06:21 PM

https to http

Hi, how can I redirect HTTPS requests to HTTP?

https://www.domain.com => http://www.domain.com

A simple iptables port redirection

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 80

allow client connections, but drop request.

How Can I solve this?

--
Openclose.it - Idee per il software libero
http://www.openclose.it

Tristan Terpelle 10-24-2008 07:11 PM

https to http

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:21:18 +0200, "Andrea Ganduglia"
<nonews.org@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, how can I redirect HTTPS requests to HTTP?
>
> https://www.domain.com => http://www.domain.com
>
> A simple iptables port redirection
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT
> --to-port 80
>
> allow client connections, but drop request.
>
> How Can I solve this?

If you're using Apache, you can use mod_rewrite to rewrite https to http
requests. I'm doing the exact opposite using this rule:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} ^80$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}$1 [L,R]
RewriteRule ^/$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}/ [L,R]

Enable the module using "a2enmod rewrite". Adapt the above example
appropriately.

Frank Lanitz 10-24-2008 10:55 PM

https to http

Hi,

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 20:21:18 +0200
"Andrea Ganduglia" <nonews.org@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, how can I redirect HTTPS requests to HTTP?
>
> https://www.domain.com => http://www.domain.com

I'm afraid I don't have a valid solution for your question, but I've
got a question: Why is something like that useful?

Thanks,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/