Old 10-24-2008, 03:16 PM
"Magnus Therning"

Default OT: validate docbook xml with target.database.document

I've been thrown in the deep end of the docbook pool and I'm curently
trying to figure things out. I know this isn't the best place to ask
these types of questions, but hopefully you'll be forgiving.

Building the documents is done using xsltproc and passing
"--stringparam target.database.document XXX" so that olinks work.
That works just fine. However, I like to validate the DocBook I write
regularly and I do that from inside vim by passing the current buffer
to "xmllint --validate --noout". That reports errors on all olinks,
so I was looking for a way to pass the target.database.document string
to xmllint, but I've found no way of doing that :-( Is there a way I
can get xmllint to handle olinks properly?

I'm in no way partial to using xmllint for validation, I'll be happy
to switch validation tool if it means I can get away from the growing
number of errors that are due to correct olinks in my documents.

Any help is appreciated.

/M

--
Magnus Therning (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus´╝*therning´╝Äorg Jabber: magnus´╝*therning´╝Äorg

Old 10-25-2008, 05:10 AM
Chris Bannister

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 04:16:57PM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> I've been thrown in the deep end of the docbook pool and I'm curently
> trying to figure things out. I know this isn't the best place to ask
> these types of questions, but hopefully you'll be forgiving.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Maybe debian-doc@lists.debian.org would be a better place to ask since
they are dealing with this type of thing nore often than people on
debian-user.

--
Chris.
======