Old 10-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Mark Allums

Default GNOME 2.24, was: Keeping more up to date than Lenny, safely?

Ron Johnson wrote:

OP: >> but at the same time i read the release notes for the new
OP: >> Ubuntu beta, and its really nice. I *want* Gnome 2.24 (the auto

Unstable is at GNOME v2.22.5

Find a released distro that has GNOME 2.24. (I'm not being flippant,
but am totally serious. Many people change distros on a regular basis.)

Somebody wrote:

Debian Sid
*might* have been in the midst of a GNOME 2.24 transition.

Although I'd be surprised, given the push to get Lenny out, which is
why OOo3 is will sit in Experimental for a while.

Debian does *not* have 2.24 available as a Debian package. I was wrong.

Parts of GNOME 2.24 have entered Experimental now, for those who are
interested.

Mark Allums