Old 10-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Ron Johnson

Default searching for rebuild daemon?

On 10/23/08 23:54, Peter Jordan wrote:

Hello,

I'm searching for a daemon which checks if a newer version of a package
is available, downloads its sorces, patches the sources, rebuilds the
package and if that all successes then the daemon should upload the new
package to my debian repository.

Hmmm, I wouldn't trust such an end-to-end string of important tasks
to an automated, light's-out process. I'd want to give first
approval to deciding whether to build the package or not.

Is there any working solution?

From deb-src, or from upstream?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Peter Jordan

Ron Johnson, 10/24/2008 07:46 AM:

> On 10/23/08 23:54, Peter Jordan wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm searching for a daemon which checks if a newer version of a package
>> is available, downloads its sorces, patches the sources, rebuilds the
>> package and if that all successes then the daemon should upload the new
>> package to my debian repository.
>
> Hmmm, I wouldn't trust such an end-to-end string of important tasks to
> an automated, light's-out process. I'd want to give first approval to
> deciding whether to build the package or not.
>
>> Is there any working solution?
>
> From deb-src, or from upstream?

from deb-src

Old 10-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Ron Johnson

I'm searching for a daemon which checks if a newer version of a package
is available, downloads its sorces, patches the sources, rebuilds the
package and if that all successes then the daemon should upload the new
package to my debian repository.

Hmmm, I wouldn't trust such an end-to-end string of important tasks to
an automated, light's-out process. I'd want to give first approval to
deciding whether to build the package or not.

Is there any working solution?

From deb-src, or from upstream?

from deb-src

I think that I'd look at apt-show-versions (which is a Perl script)
and fork/modify it into looking at deb-src instead of "deb".

Old 10-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 06:54:17AM +0200, Peter Jordan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm searching for a daemon which checks if a newer version of a package
> is available, downloads its sorces, patches the sources, rebuilds the
> package and if that all successes then the daemon should upload the new
> package to my debian repository.
>
> Is there any working solution?

Something on top of buildd/wanna-build ?

Do you want to assume that a package has a get-orig-source target? A
debian/watch file?

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 10-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Peter Jordan

Tzafrir Cohen, 10/27/2008 02:54 PM:

> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 06:54:17AM +0200, Peter Jordan wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm searching for a daemon which checks if a newer version of a package
>> is available, downloads its sorces, patches the sources, rebuilds the
>> package and if that all successes then the daemon should upload the new
>> package to my debian repository.
>>
>> Is there any working solution?
>
> Something on top of buildd/wanna-build ?
>
> Do you want to assume that a package has a get-orig-source target? A
> debian/watch file?

I want to rebuild existing versions of a package, not new versions. For
example, I want to automaticly rebuild netatalk with ssl support or the
phpunit package with different dependencies (see bug #466767).