-   -   ath5k success (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/181412-ath5k-success.html)

Nate Bargmann 10-24-2008 12:56 AM

ath5k success

In troubleshooting another issue, I noticed that the ath5k module was
blacklisted in the /etc/modprobe.d/madwifi file. On a hunch I purged
madwifi-tools and the ath5k module loaded and I am using my WPC55ABG
card with my AP and WEP. I use wlassistant to manage the link with
nothing special in /etc/network/interfaces which looks like this:

# Wireless adapter
allow-hotplug ath0
iface ath0 inet dhcp

I notice that only one LED on the card is lit and doesn't flash
according to traffic transfer as the madwifi driver did. I am using
the stock linux-image-2.6.26-1-686 kernel.

- Nate >>

Jerome BENOIT 10-24-2008 03:22 AM

ath5k success

Hello Nate,

ath5k and ath9k are very new:
tou may try with the current stable kernel (2.6.27)

hth,
Jerome

--
Jerome BENOIT