Old 06-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Robert Patton

Default Unidentified subject!

http://ranesjadf.webs.com

Old 06-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Colleen

Stop emailing me!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Zachary Rizer

http://jpiw.allew.com

Old 06-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Robert Patton

http://aug9.bestukasject.com/

Old 08-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Neil McGovern

pkg-clamav-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Bcc:
Subject: ClamAV supportability in stable releases
Hi,

The release team have been asked to remove ClamAV from testing (and
hence the next stable release. See bug #587058.

The issue seems to be that it's not supportable in stable due to the
upstream maintainers deciding to upgrade their data files in a way that
isn't binary compatable with previous versions.

A couple of options have been mentioned for what to do with this,
including volatile. I'm opening this mail thread for discussion, and if
no one comments then I'll go ahead and action the bug report in two
weeks. For avoidance of doubt, this will also affect reverse
depends, see dd-list below.

Thanks,
Neil
(Release team hat)

Daniel Leidert (dale) <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de>
gurlchecker

Argos <argos66@gmail.com>
php-clamav

ClamAV Team <pkg-clamav-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
clamav-unofficial-sigs
clamsmtp
libclamunrar

Debian Python Modules Team <python-modules-team@lists.alioth.debian.org>
pyclamd

Cédric Delfosse <cedric@debian.org>
python-clamav

Robert S. Edmonds <edmonds@debian.org>
clamassassin

Jochen Friedrich <jochen@scram.de>
c-icap

Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr>
dtc

Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org>
libclamunrar (U)

Marc Haber <mh+debian-packages@zugschlus.de>
clamav-getfiles

Scott Kitterman <scott@kitterman.com>
klamav

Rene Mayrhofer <rene.mayrhofer@gibraltar.at>
havp

Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org>
clamsmtp (U)

David Paleino <dapal@debian.org>
clamtk

Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals <rainct@ubuntu.com>
pyclamd (U)

Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org>
libclamunrar (U)

Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org>
dansguardian

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>
clamav-unofficial-sigs (U)
--
< linuxpoet> rails is a perversion
< mc> someone who use pgsql as calculator shouldnt talk of perversion.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Christian PERRIER

(keeping everything CC'ed...dunno if that's what's expected)

Quoting Neil McGovern (neilm@debian.org):
> pkg-clamav-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
> Bcc:
> Subject: ClamAV supportability in stable releases
> Hi,
>
> The release team have been asked to remove ClamAV from testing (and
> hence the next stable release. See bug #587058.
>
> The issue seems to be that it's not supportable in stable due to the
> upstream maintainers deciding to upgrade their data files in a way that
> isn't binary compatable with previous versions.
>
> A couple of options have been mentioned for what to do with this,
> including volatile. I'm opening this mail thread for discussion, and if
> no one comments then I'll go ahead and action the bug report in two
> weeks. For avoidance of doubt, this will also affect reverse
> depends, see dd-list below.

How about keeping it in the archive and maybe use some method (debconf
note, for instance: everybody knows I hate them but that would be a
good use case) to notify users that they really should add volatile to
their sources.list. The package could even provide an optional entry
added to sources.list.d that would point to volatile.

This way, users could still "easily" find clamav, packages could still
depend on it....and we would have a method for providing a support
path.

Anothe option would be a relaxed update policy for Stable, maybe only
for clamav (I would love to see the same relaxed update policy for
other stuff, samba coming to mind...bu tthat's another story).

Old 08-19-2010, 11:25 PM
GIE KALIFA COULIBALY

I am new to debian, and I don't have an OS installed on my hard drive yet. I was wondering if*a finished debian Cd/DVD would*boot off and do the installation at*the*start up of the computer.I would like to have debian as my main OS. I have*a HP pavilon elite m9250f core 2 quad 2.66ghz 4GB, 2.0 x 500.0 GB - Standard - Serial ATA-300 - 7200.0 rpm HDD.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Michal

an OS installed on my hard drive yet. I was wondering if*a finished
debian Cd/DVD would*boot off and do the installation at*the*start up of
the computer.I would like to have debian as my main OS. I have*a HP
pavilon elite m9250f core 2 quad 2.66ghz 4GB, 2.0 x 500.0 GB - Standard - Serial
ATA-300 - 7200.0 rpm HDD.

Are you asking if it's a bootable CD? Yes. If your having problems that
are not debian related however you should seak help else where, maybe a
general computer problem forum. We try and keep this to not general
computer problems

Old 09-23-2010, 10:23 PM
"Anticept ."

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 12:37 PM, <debian-user@lists.debian.org> wrote: