-   -   upgrade stopped at ownership error message (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/1751-upgrade-stopped-ownership-error-message.html)

tom arnall 11-20-2007 11:43 PM

upgrade stopped at ownership error message

i just tried to do an upgrade and got the following messages:

Error: "/tmp/kde-klorovwp0rg" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
Link points to "/tmp/kde-root"
Error: "/tmp/ksocket-klorobxLJlU" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
Link points to "/tmp/ksocket-root"

and now the process is hung. what should i do?

thanks,

tom arnall

tom arnall 11-21-2007 12:49 AM

upgrade stopped at ownership error message

i just tried to do an upgrade and got the following messages:

Error: "/tmp/kde-klorovwp0rg" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
Link points to "/tmp/kde-root"
Error: "/tmp/ksocket-klorobxLJlU" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
Link points to "/tmp/ksocket-root"

and now the process is hung. what should i do?

thanks,

tom arnall

SOORRYY!! finished ok. it was waiting for me to respond to some warnings shown
in a browser. forget previous mail.

Kent West 11-21-2007 01:06 AM