Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Daryl Styrk

Default Upgrading after a fresh install.

I've just completed a fresh install of Lenny. I am trying to understand
why some update are not showing in aptitude.

The normal aptitude update/safe-upgrade/full-upgrade shows none.

Update manager has stuck the notification in the tray telling me of 2.
If I look for them with with synaptic, or apt-get they are visible. If
I open the update manager it also shows no updates available. However,
it seems I can install the 2 updates by right clicking the notification
in the tray. (this was news to me)

Being that is a fresh install I would like to dedicate package
management to aptitude this go around.

Am I simply overlooking something obvious?

fwiw the two packages are esound-clients and perl-doc

Old 10-10-2008, 03:19 AM
Daniel Burrows

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 07:07:15PM -0400, Daryl Styrk <darylstyrk@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> I've just completed a fresh install of Lenny. I am trying to understand
> why some update are not showing in aptitude.
>
> The normal aptitude update/safe-upgrade/full-upgrade shows none.

Are they shown as being "kept back", or does it just not show them
at all?

Can you install them individually using "aptitude install"?

Daniel

Old 10-10-2008, 10:38 AM
"Mariusz Sielicki"

2008/10/10 Daryl Styrk <darylstyrk@gmail.com>:
> I've just completed a fresh install of Lenny. I am trying to understand
> why some update are not showing in aptitude.
>
> The normal aptitude update/safe-upgrade/full-upgrade shows none.
>
> Update manager has stuck the notification in the tray telling me of 2.
> If I look for them with with synaptic, or apt-get they are visible. If
> I open the update manager it also shows no updates available. However,
> it seems I can install the 2 updates by right clicking the notification
> in the tray. (this was news to me)
>
> Being that is a fresh install I would like to dedicate package
> management to aptitude this go around.
>
> Am I simply overlooking something obvious?
>
> fwiw the two packages are esound-clients and perl-doc

Mayby you used to install Debian netinstall disc?
In that way of instalation all packages are up-to-date.

Regards.
Mariusz