Old 10-09-2008, 08:57 AM
"hhding.gnu"

Default How about MySQL in 64bit Debian?

Hi list,

How about MySQL server in 64bit Debian?
Is it stable enough for product environment?

Regards,
Ding Honghui

Old 10-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Dave Ewart

On Thursday, 09.10.2008 at 16:57 +0800, hhding.gnu wrote:

> How about MySQL server in 64bit Debian?
> Is it stable enough for product environment?

Absolutely, yes. I've been using it is since the (unofficial) Sarge
amd64 era, and have continued with it on Etch.

Its use here has been for large-scale research data, which means that
some of the database are very large. No problems at all.

We also use PostgreSQL, which I happen to prefer, also no problems.

Dave.

--
Dave Ewart
davee@ceu.ox.ac.uk