Old 10-09-2008, 05:09 AM
T o n g

Default proxy server difficulties

Hi,

I can't get any of the proxy server working on my newly installed lenny,
both squid and privoxy.

squid installs and starts fine. Just that it doesn't work if I browse
using proxy server localhost:3128. The logs looks normal to me:

/var/log/squid# dir
total 4
-rw-r----- 1 proxy proxy 0 10-09 00:45 access.log
-rw-r----- 1 proxy proxy 2353 10-09 00:45 cache.log
-rw-r----- 1 proxy proxy 0 10-09 00:45 store.log

Then content of cache.log looks fine to me as well.
http://pastebin.com/m783ba2a3

Just that I can never connect through.

For privoxy, it is even worse. It can't even be installed:

$ aptitude install privoxy
Unpacking privoxy (from .../privoxy_3.0.9-1_i386.deb) ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Setting up privoxy (3.0.9-1) ...
Starting filtering proxy server: invoke-rc.d: initscript privoxy, action
"start" failed.

For both packages, they symptom are the same if I purge them then
reinstall again.

Please help

thanks

--