Old 10-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Default What does it takes to bring a system down to its knee ?

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

Hi there,

I wrote a little program that parse recursively all file found
within a toplevel directory. As soon as the process start my whole X
session (KDE/debian stable) becomes completely unresponsive.

<snip>

Is it the little program?

Hugo

Old 10-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Wed,08.Oct.08, 18:10:12, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> AFAIK that does not seems to neither: memory hungry nor process
> hungry. Is this correct ? If so this means my system is getting slower
> because of the disk operation, right ? Any tool to monitor that or
> track down why my system is so unresponsive ?

iotop might help.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)