Old 10-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Ron Johnson

Default icedove

On 10/07/08 21:27, Oscar Nuñez wrote:

John Lindsay wrote:
I have just switched over to Debian. I like it a lot better than
openSuse and my wife likes it as well. In icedove, if i click on a url
it opens up the default web browser. I would much prefer it to open up
the Iceweasel browser which is my preferred browser. Where in icedove
can I change it to open iceweasel?

thanks

John

Edit->Preference->Advanced-->Config Editor...
then set variables:
network.protocol-handler.app.http -> to value /usr/bin/iceweasel
network.protocol-handler.app.https -> to value /usr/bin/iceweasel

Or, globally:

# update-alternatives --config x-www-browser

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

hook beneath it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Wed,08.Oct.08, 01:21:01, andy baxter wrote:
> John Lindsay wrote:
>> I have just switched over to Debian. I like it a lot better than openSuse
>> and my wife likes it as well. In icedove, if i click on a url it opens up
>> the default web browser. I would much prefer it to open up the Iceweasel
>> browser which is my preferred browser. Where in icedove can I change it to
>> open iceweasel?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> John
>>

> You need to change the links in /etc/alternatives. The relevant ones are:
>
> x-www-browser
> and x-www-browser.1.gz (if you want the manual page to work)
>
> ask back if you don't know how to do this.

Those links should never be edited by hand. As root run

update-alternative --config x-www-browser

and you will be presented with a nice list to select your default
browser.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 11-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Hi

I got a spam mail and the mail's body was:

"FILE QUARANTINED

The original contents of Body of Message have been replaced with
this message because of its ExceedinglyNested characteristics."

This might be from the spam itself, but once I received a reliable mail from someone I know, a Linux only user, sent me a packed application and the archive was replaced by a similar message. I wasn't sure if it was a joke from the sender, but apparently Icedove or any 64 Studio setting does this, without my permission.

Cheers,
Ralf