Old 10-07-2008, 08:57 AM
"Mark Panen"

Default Kernel i686 & 4 Gig RAM

Hi

I am running Debian Lenny Testing on my laptop and i see it has kernel
2.6.26-1-686. I would like to install the 32 bit version Debian Lenny
5 (when it is released) on a machine with 4 Gig's of RAM. Will all the
RAM be seen ?

Mark

Old 10-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Ron Johnson

I am running Debian Lenny Testing on my laptop and i see it has kernel
2.6.26-1-686. I would like to install the 32 bit version Debian Lenny
5 (when it is released) on a machine with 4 Gig's of RAM. Will all the
RAM be seen ?

One way to find out would be to try it with a LiveCD.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

hook beneath it." -- Thomas Jefferson