Old 10-07-2008, 08:07 AM
J.H.Kim

Default Writing Permission of Widows partition

Hi, everyone

I mounted windows xp partion as follows:
"mount -o iocharset=cp949 -t ntfs /dev/sda2 /mnt/windows -o umask=0000"

As a result, reading the windows partition is OK, but the writing is denied.

The directory of /mnt/windows permission mode is set all readable, writable, executable.
When I try to write any file to /mnt/windows, the error message "Permission denied" is prompted.

How can I fix it ?

Thanks in advnace.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:11 AM
"Star Liu"

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 4:07 PM, J. H. Kim <frog1120@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone
>
> I mounted windows xp partion as follows:
> "mount -o iocharset=cp949 -t ntfs /dev/sda2 /mnt/windows -o umask=0000"
>
> As a result, reading the windows partition is OK, but the writing is denied.
> The directory of /mnt/windows permission mode is set all readable, writable,
> executable.
> When I try to write any file to /mnt/windows, the error message "Permission
> denied" is prompted.
>
> How can I fix it ?
>
> Thanks in advnace.

if your partition is ntfs, here is a reference:

exe "apt-get ntfs-3g"
make a directory for the patition to mount, eg:/Windows/Storage
exe "mount /dev/sda3 /Windows/Storage -t ntfs-3g"
then the content of the patition pops out

Old 10-07-2008, 02:06 PM
lachlan

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 17:07 +0900, J.H.Kim wrote:
> Hi, everyone
>
> I mounted windows xp partion as follows:
> "mount -o iocharset=cp949 -t ntfs /dev/sda2 /mnt/windows -o
> umask=0000"
>
> As a result, reading the windows partition is OK, but the writing is
> denied.
> The directory of /mnt/windows permission mode is set all readable,
> writable, executable.
> When I try to write any file to /mnt/windows, the error message
> "Permission denied" is prompted.
>
> How can I fix it ?
>
> Thanks in advnace.

thois is how my fstab has it and i can write and read from ntsk
partitions. make sure ntfs-3g is installed i didn't have to
change /mnt/<mnt> permissions to get it to work.

<dev> <mnt> ntfs-3g defaults,user 0 0